Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Updates! Updates! Updates!

So much to do, so much to type, so much to tell! Where do I begin? Well I keep getting the same question over and over and over "How's the wedding planning going?" so I figured I might need to get in a blog or two and continue (or start) documenting my journey to matrimony.

I found a great intimate location to have the wedding ceremony and reception in Richmond, not to far from where we live. The woman that runs the facility is also a Wedding Planner. She along with two of my cousins will be making all of those tedious decisions that I just don't want to make. My cousins were also nice enough to take on the catering responsibilities for me. They are so wonderful for taking that off my hands, because that was the one issue I was a little nervous about. Now, it's out of my hands and into the hands of people I know I can definitely rely on. It's a great feeling!

Speaking of people I can rely on, along with all the great news that I have regarding the wedding, not all news is great news. I lost one of my bridesmaids. Well, I didn't lose her, she dropped out. I was really upset about it, but I guess that's the way things go sometimes. I thought about leaving the space empty at first, I mean it was her spot, she was one of the girls that I knew would be there for me if and when this day ever came, but after thinking things through I decided to put one of my younger cousins in her spot. One of the reasons I decided to have an actual wedding was because I feel it's something that my daughter needs to see happen. Well, I feel that my responsibility goes farther than just my own seed, and including my little cousin (who's kinda like my sister/daughter anyway) would hopefully put relationships, weddings, etc in a positive light for her as well. While there's nothing wrong with being single, I know now that there's also nothing wrong with falling in love and getting married. So I want to share this experience with all of my youngins! :)

Sooooooo....back to the good news! Ok, so I found a venue (check).....I found a videographer and photographer also. I'd been debating if it was feasible to have both a photographer as well as a videographer, or if it was just overkill. Well, we HAVE to have pictures, right? I mean what's a wedding without the wedding pictures? And the videographer is just awesome! I've seen his work on his website, and the videos basically made up my mind for me. I think they are both a great investment, afterall- this IS the ONLY 1st wedding I'll get right? My photographer is an old friend from college (hopefully I'll be able to get him if he ever sends me the contract) and he's worked out an incredible rate for me. He's traveling from Atlanta to take the pictures and I'm very excited! His work is online as well and the pictures had me in awe.

Now for the cake, I had an idea to have a cupcake setup instead of trying to find a bakery for a wedding cake. Well for some reason the Man is totally against it. I'm not really sure why, I think it's a great and unique idea. I'm going to show him how the cupcakes would be setup and maybe that'll change his mind.

ok, so that's venue, pictures, video, cake...what else is there? OH Dresses! wait- I blogged on that already and nothings changed. I'm just waiting on a few deposits and measurements from my girls......just waiting......

The Man is also trying to kick himself into gear. After months of asking for addresses for his invite list, I finally was able to send save the dates out to his side. For about a month I thought we'd only have my family at the wedding, because he didn't supply one single address. Well now I have all but about 18, which is unbelievable. He's also planning on looking at tuxedo's this weekend, and asked me to go with him (awe!) so hopefully we can get this knocked out so we can send the groomsmen some info.

Save the dates went out about 1 1/2 months ago.....So ladies and gents it looks like I'll be getting married in 121 days!!!!!!! Wow- let's GO!

No comments: