Monday, August 10, 2009

The Location!

It only took me, oh about 5 months, but I've finally got a very rough draft of how it's going to happen. It has been so hard trying to plan an event to accommodate friends and family from so many different cities, as well as our BUDGET and still get out of the day what we want. We kept going back to the point that this was supposed to be our day, and we can't try to please everyone. We wanted the ceremony to be very special, very private, and very much about us, just him and me. We also want to actually enjoy each other during this time and not be stressed with trying to entertain so many people who really don't have a connection to anyone other than one of us. So we've separated the actual ceremony and reception and spanned it over a week of events.

We will start off by flying to Honolulu, Hawaii and getting married in Wakiki June 18th. I found a very sweet wedding planner who would also officiate the nuptials. The ceremony will just be me and Fish, and we'll spend 5 days on the island sightseeing and just enjoying each other uninterrupted.

We then will fly back home on June 24th to prepare for a weekend of celebration with our friends and family. We are going to invite everyone here for the weekend, having a (very belated) housewarming celebration/welcome reception at our home on Friday.
The actual reception will be on Saturday (still trying to find a location). Finally on Sunday we want to have a farewell brunch with those who are still in the city with us.

Sooooo....i got a LOT of planning to do. And I've been checking airfare to Hawaii and I think I may have to sell a lung and a kidney to purchase those tickets! :(

Pray for me!

2 comments:

Kwan said...

Another single friend bites the dust...I'm alone in this dating scene once again, but also happy that you and him are finally doing the damn thang. Hard to believe you and him finally made it to the end of the road. Congrats!!!

Lu said...

Girl it ain't the end YET! Until he says I DO anything can happen. You'll get there too. You have to learn patience and tolerance. You know how hard it was for me and what I went through. I'm no stranger to the pain you are feeling.